Hotel Restaurant near the Palace of Versailles
RELAXATION AREA AT THE HOTEL
The Best Western Plus Paris Meudon Ermitage invites you to discover its relaxation area. Throughout your stay at our hotel 4 étoiles, you can enjoy our sanarium as well as a range of treatments and massages that are sure to leave you feeling totally relaxed.
To help you stay in shape, we also provide a gym with top-of-the range equipment: treadmill, bike, rowing machine, bodybuilding machine… There is also a flat-screen TV so you can work out while watching the programme of your choice.
The relaxation area and gym are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Access is free and for hotel guests only.
Massages and treatments by appointment only.See the treatment list (PDF)
ACTIVITIES AND SIGHTSEEING NEAR VERSAILLES
The Meudon forestin a nutshell:
- 16.5 km of marked footpaths (PR and GR); you can walk all the way around the forest in 5 h
- 55 km of forest paths
- 32 km of bridle paths
- 7 fishing lakes: roach, perch, carp, etc.
- 2 sports trails
- “Un pont vers la forêt” (“A bridge to the forest”) educational trail (Tourisme & Handicap certified)
- The Thirteen Bridges trail (adapted for people with reduced mobility)
- Discover the Monks’ Stone (or Chalais Stone), a Neolithic menhir
- See the Missions oak, the Villebon cedars, the Green Carpet created by Le Nôtre, the Pavé de Meudon (former royal road)and more.
In Meudon, we suggest visiting:
- The riverbanks of the Seine: a few minutes away from our hotel and restaurant, enjoy an outing on the Seine or its banks
- The Paris Observatory (Meudon site) and the Observatory Terrace: the latter offers an exceptional viewpoint over Paris. Discover its plane tree avenue, its monumental staircase, its pond, the Orangery and more.
- The Chalk Quarries, where “Meudon White” comes from
- The Orangery: one of the last remnants of the Royal Estate of Meudon. In the winter, it houses the orange trees of the Meudon, Saint-Cloud and Les Tuileries estates. There is also a year-round programme of shows and exhibitions.
- Wagner’s House: it was in Meudon that the German composer completed “The Flying Dutchman”
- The Museum of Art and History of the Town of Meudon
- The National Museum of Auguste Rodin
- The Marcel Bec Intercommunal Complex: this centre is a place for all sport-lovers with its tennis courts and gyms. Activities include football, rugby, athletics, archery, a bowling pitch and more.
- The Club Hippique des Etangs de Meudon (horse-riding club): at the heart of the forest, the club offers many equestrian activities (lessons and courses, horse rides, carousel, etc.). Competitions also take place throughout the year.
- The Heritage Trails : there are 5 educational trails to help you explore Meudon’s heritage
Our hotel is the ideal starting point for enjoying Meudon and its famous national forest:
With a surface area of 1,100 hectares, the Meudon Forest is the biggest forest in Hauts-de-Seine. With its lakes, clearings and woodland, enjoy an outing at the heart of unspoilt countryside just a few kilometres from Paris. The forest can be explored on foot along marked paths, as well as on horseback – there is a riding centre next to our establishment – or by bike – bikes can be rent at the hotel. A “Fitness Trail” close to the Best Western Plus Paris Meudon Ermitage offers a great way to stay in shape during your stay.Meudon Tourist Office
TOURIST ACTIVITIES NEARBY
In the area around the BEST WESTERN PLUS Paris Meudon Ermitage located just next to Paris, many leisure opportunities and visitor attractions await you :
- La cité de la Céramique in Sèvres (2.5 km away) : the old Royal Porcelain Manufactory founded in the 18th siècle, this national museum has displays of ceramics from all countries and historical periods.
- Shopping : within 3 km of our hotel, find bargains at the many chain stores and boutiques in the shopping center Vélizy 2.
- The national domain of Saint-Cloud (7 km away) : awarded the “Jardins remarquables” label, these gardens designed by Le Nôtre span nearly 460 hectares. You can also visit the Pavillon Breteuil, which houses the International Bureau of Weights and Measures, and discover the famous standard metre. The site also hosts many events: funfairs, the Rock en Seine festival, the Film sous les étoiles cinema festival, the Grand Feu de Saint-Cloud (firework display) and more.
- The Palace of Versailles (12 km away) : an unmissable tourist attraction in Ile-de-France. Hall of Mirrors, gardens, fountains, Trianon, the Queen’s Hamlet and more: be immersed in the history of France.
- The convention center of the Porte de Versailles (12 km away) : France’s biggest exhibition centre, it hosts major events all year round such as the Foire de Paris, the Paris Motor Show, the Paris Book Fair or the Paris Agricultural Fair.
- Paris : the centre of the capital is just 18 km away from our establishment. Make the most of it to visit the city and discover all its treasures: Louvre and Orsay museums, shopping in the Grands Magasins (department stores), shows, exhibitions at the Grand and Petit Palais, etc.
- The Stade de France (24 km away) : France’s biggest stadium, in Saint-Denis, hosts many sports competitions such as the Coupe de France and the French League Cup, the Six Nations rugby tournament, the World Athletics Championships, Euro 2016 and more. Many major concerts are also held there.
- DisneyLand Paris (60 km away) : the famous amusement park in Marne-la-Vallée is sure to delight kids as well as big kids !